Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] I would like to contribute the code to support Gravatar images in the byline

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:09 AM
decompiler

2 posts · Aug 2014
Lightbulb [SOLVED] I would like to contribute the code to support Gravatar images in the byline

Heya,

I've been updating bfa_postinfo.php manually for a while, and have seen several other users request this functionality. I was wondering if you could possibly include the following (or equivalent version that fits your standards) in the theme proper:

PHP Code:
    // Author Gravatar

if (strpos($postinfo_string'%gravatar%') !== FALSE) {

$gravatar get_avatar(get_the_author_meta('ID'), 30);

$postinfo str_replace("%gravatar%"$gravatar$postinfo);
    } 
I place this in bfa_postinfo.php just below the if() that handles the "Author Yahoo IM ID", but (obviously) you could put it just about anywhere you want in that method.

Thanks!