Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How to remove footer sidebars

Old May 17, 2011, 03:22 PM
helpsolve

15 posts · Apr 2011
USA - California
Hi,

I entered this code in ATO > footer > Footer: Content

original

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Footer&cells=3&align=8&align _2=8&align_3=8&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

2nd modification (5 footer side bars):

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Footer&cells=5&align=8&align _2=8&align_3=8&align_4=8&align_5=8&before_widget=< div id="%1$s" class="footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

I tried several experiments in between as well, so not sure all the steps I took.

But that didn't work for my purposes so I deleted edited that code several times and decided I only needed one footer, so I modified that code to be this (to allow for only 1 footer side bar):

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Footer&cells=1&align=8&befor e_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

However, the widget area now shows 6 sidebars, and only the last Footer without the number suffix allows me to add a working text widgets while 1-5 allow me to drag a text widget onto to them, but the text does not show up in my website.

Footer 1
Footer 2
Footer 3
Footer 4
Footer 5
Footer

I want to delete Footer 1- 5

How please?

Thank you!

Last edited by helpsolve; May 17, 2011 at 03:46 PM.
Old May 17, 2011, 05:29 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The instructions for removing them are in the New Widget Area section.
Old May 17, 2011, 05:36 PM
helpsolve

15 posts · Apr 2011
USA - California
oh my goodness right under my nose!

Thank YOU!