Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] PDF link problem

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 29, 2014, 12:22 PM
geezergeek

19 posts · Mar 2014
[SOLVED] PDF link problem

I use Atahualpa for several sites, and I'm running the latest -- 3.7.13. I note the following change:

* Until now, when I uploaded a PDF file to my Media folder and then linked to it from within either a page or a post, clicking on that link took me (and my visitors) directly to the PDF. This required no settings, but worked as default.

* With the latest release, those links now take me to a page within the blog where the link appears, with its filename. Clicking on that link then takes me to the PDF file.

So why have you chosen to revise this in such a way as to intrude an additional step into PDF retrieval?

I've attached a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Here's a link to the page of my blog that includes the link to the pdf: <http://www.nearbycafe.com/artandphoto/photocritic/about-a-d-coleman/adc-in-print-and-pixels/recent-publications/>
And here's a link to the result of clicking on that link:
<http://www.nearbycafe.com/artandphoto/photocritic/?attachment_id=19825>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-03-29 at 2.20.11 PM.png
Views:	1973
Size:	148.6 KB
ID:	2530