Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

On setting up headers - the central column is push up

Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:45 PM
Ponics

14 posts · Dec 2008
Costa Rica
Hi!

New version - 3.5.3
PHP 5.21

Just installed the new version. Played with headers, banners and so on. I have too many categories and decided to not display them. I reset the theme, checked the cache and no matter what, on taking off the CATS, the center column is pushed up towards the headers.

See snapshot 1 before I took off the CATS
See snapshot 2 after I took them off.

I have just this in the headers settings: %logo %pages (as per an overall resetting)

Is it me or ...?

Thanks

Roger Pilon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.jpg
Views:	1013
Size:	73.9 KB
ID:	643  Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot2.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	644  

Last edited by Ponics; Jul 28, 2010 at 01:51 PM. Reason: forgot
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That particular theme style uses a background image that integrates with the menubar style. You will have to fiddle with CSS to move stuff around. If you post a URL to the site we might be able to give you more info.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:35 PM
Ponics

14 posts · Dec 2008
Costa Rica
Thanks for the fast answer!

Site is at http://documents.ponics.org.

Just wish to have a very straight theme, no modification. It is just that I have too many CATS.

Really appreciate your help!

Merci!

Roger Pilon
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:20 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I think the easiest solution for you is to add %bar1 in the same spot where the %cats was and replace what's in the Horizontal Bar 1: Styling at the bottom of the same page with
HTML Code:
height: 30px;
That should take up the space previously occupied by the cats menu with the bar code.

Another approach is to import a different style from the Styles folder. To see the available styles download Atahualpa 3.5.3 from wordpress.bytesforall.com, unzip it and you will find the styles folder in there. You can then go to ATO>Import/Export Setting and upload a different style which may fit your needs more. This will overwrite any settings you have made but it doesn't look like you are too far along in the design process that this will be an issue.

If you want to save you current settings you can download them in the same area as "backup" of your current settings so you can revert back if you wish.

I know that's a lot to take in but I want to be as clear as possible.