Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] aligning slideshow gallery within custom widget area

Old Dec 27, 2009, 06:43 PM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
Hello,
I have created 2 widget areas in the header. One is an image and the other is a slideshow gallery. The gallery in the second widget area needs to be aligned closer to the image in the 1st widget area, and aligned with the text box at the bottom of it. do i need to define a width for the 2nd widget area? how should i go about it?

here us the site:
www.bigmamas.com.au

many thanks in advance.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 02:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The problem is with your slide show. Add this to your CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
div#slideshow-2 {
border: solid 1px #000000;
}
this shows you the area defined for the slideshow, but you see how it is shifted to the right. You can give a negative margin, change the CSS to
HTML Code:
div#slideshow-2 {
margin-left:-20px;
border: solid 1px #000000;
}
and play with it.

You should see if there is a parameter with NGG to remove it's margin - might want to look in it's CSS
Old Dec 29, 2009, 07:46 PM
rinoa3108

53 posts · Apr 2009
the negative margin worked, but the border goes around the outside of the gallery. ill leave it there on the site so you can see.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 03:46 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
oh, sorry I knew it would dtill show, I was using that so you could see the area that that element took up. I should have said remove the border when you get it placed correctly. It was meant to be a guide.
But I see you have it removed and looking good.