Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

How do I revert to older versions or recover formatting

Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:34 PM
wesleywt

2 posts · Oct 2012
Hello

Absolute Newbie here. I recently inherited the site. Like a real noob, I pressed the upgrade the theme button without backing up anything. Now all the formatting is gone. Is there a way to get the formatting of the website back or reverting to an older version of the theme?

P.S I saved a webpage of the old website. Is it possible to use to restore the formatting?

Thanks guys
Old Oct 25, 2012, 08:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Unless you have a backup of the site or the theme settings about the only thing you can do is see if the hosting company has a backup. I had to use my hosting company's backups one time. I lost a day or two of content but it got most everything back.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 03:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Are you using the 'Montezuma' theme?
Old Nov 1, 2012, 09:19 AM
wesleywt

2 posts · Oct 2012
I am using the montezuma theme. I think the website was built with the 2007 version of montezuma. This is the danger of inheriting stuff. All I want to do at the moment is to make it look like it did before, new or old wordpress. When I revert to an earlier worpress it gives me a problem with the montezuma theme.

Last edited by wesleywt; Nov 1, 2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The Montezuma theme was only released a couple months ago - unless you had one from another developer...
Old Nov 1, 2012, 10:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Or perhaps the old Montezuma theme? That one came out in 2007 and is no longer supported.