Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] CSS shows as text on a product page

Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:00 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
[SOLVED] CSS shows as text on a product page

I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem that just started in my online shop (I'm using the shopp plugin). When I'm on a product page, the CSS shows at the top of the page as text--and only on this page. The CSS for my shop works, but not the CSS I've set up for my blog via the ATO.

If I switch to a default theme, the problem is gone.

In trying to trouble shoot I installed the new version of Atahualpa without upgrading. The version I've been using is 3.7.9 and is in a folder named atahualpa379. When I activate version 3.7.10, it has all of my custom settings from the previous version. I don't understand how that has happened. And it's making it so I can't troubleshoot the problem. Oddly, it also shows some widgets that I was using a few weeks ago but have since made inactive. But when I switch back to 3.7.9, those widgets are inactive again and don't show.

Here's a link to a product page:
https://www.tracibunkers.com/blog/sh...ase-close-gate

I'm using Atahualpa 3.7.9/3.7.10
wordpress 3.5
Old Dec 24, 2012, 01:41 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
I fixed it by restoring the database to a previous version. Then, very shorty after, it went right back to the same problem of showing the CSS on a product page.

With some experimenting, I've figured out that when I deactivate the WordPress NextGen GalleryView plugin, it causes the problem. When I re-activate it, the problem is gone. Any idea why? And does this mean I'm stuck forever with having that plugin activated?

Last edited by TraciBunkers; Dec 24, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Perhaps try deleting the GalleryView plugin? It looks as though it has some hooks in your database. Not sure if deleting it will take care of the issue and reinstalling and activating after deleting my not make the problem go away. I would try contacting the plugin people but since it has not been updated in over 2 years you may not get a response.

I also don't seen issues with the page you sent a link to but that may be because you have the GalleryView plugin activated.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:07 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
I tried deleting it & have the exact same problem as when it's deactivated.

I also tried reinstalling & then deactivating to see if it would help, but it doesn't. So I'm stuck with it activated until I can figure out how to get it out of my database. I have a thread on the wordpress forum for the plugin, but like you said, it hasn't been updated in 2 years so I doubt I'll get a response from the developer.

Last edited by TraciBunkers; Dec 24, 2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 08:35 PM
TraciBunkers

32 posts · Jan 2012
I finally figured it out! It was the WP Facebook Open Graph protocol plugin causing it. When I deactivated that plugin, the CSS was gone. Weird!