Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

bfa_wp_trim_exercpt breaking plugins?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 15, 2013, 02:37 PM
foschizzle

2 posts · Dec 2013
bfa_wp_trim_exercpt breaking plugins?

It seems like a lot of plugins rely on injecting javascript into the_excerpt() - two I ran into switching to Atahualpa today are Ad Injection and Hupso Share Buttons. It doesn't seem like a filter on the_excerpt or get_the_excerpt is rare.

The problem is that the Javascript injected is chewed up by having the script tags removed, so you end up with an excerpt displaying xml-escaped javascript.

I was able to work around this by adding script, ins, and a couple of other tags to the dont_strip_excerpts list, but this seems like a hack that may/will easily break in the future.

Is there another way to fix this? Perhaps one that doesn't require maintenance?

Thanks!