Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Title and Tagline Overlay Shifted 70px to the right on IE6 vs IE8

Old Sep 14, 2009, 09:41 AM
sasajakov

8 posts · Sep 2009
I have used Overlay Blog TITLE over Header Image(s) and Overlay Blog TAGLINE over Header Image(s). I also put margin-top: 20px; and margin-left: 140px;. It looked nice on my home computer with IE8. When I got to a different computer with IE6, Title and Tagline appeared shifted to the right some 70px overlapping with some image details. Vertically, it was fine. I was able to put it back by changing to margin-left: 70px;. Now it doesn't look good on IE8 - it is shifted left.

My question is why IE8 and IE6 interpret the same setting differently. I can sure upgrade IE6, but it won't fix for some other people out there who happen to use IE6. Is there any other setting that can enforce the position of overlay a little more transparent to the web browser version? Thanks.