Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

bbPress 2.0 integration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 11, 2012, 10:21 AM
Longtail

7 posts · Feb 2009
bbPress 2.0 integration

Hi -
I'm building a private wordpress mutlisite with the newest version of WP. I'm also using the most recent version of Atahualpa which I love dearly, because of the very rich feature set... So == thank you for that!

What's great about Atahualpa is that one can make many changes to the look and operation of the website without knowing much code. And, that's me.

I need to integrate a forum and the only one I've found that will work in a multisite environment, that will also present posts with pictures and direct links back to the posts is bbPress.

But, I have no control of the look of the bbPress pages and on several, the default doesn't work very good. When I go to the "topic" level the flexible width (99%) 'cuts the center of the page' in half vertically -- the left side has the user name and Avatar and the right side has the content. It looks pretty awful.

I'd also like to be able to disable the link which is part of the user's name that created the post or forum response so it doesn't redirect to that persons profile.

If you have any suggestions for a different forum plug-in -- that will work in a multisite environment -- please advise.

Overall, I'd simply like to have more control of the look & feel of the bbPress pages. I've gone to the bbPress forum and posted the same question. The problem with bbPress is that it seems like it's really designed for programmers to adjust -- and I'm not a program.

any suggestions?