Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Centering page menu bar with spacing

Old Sep 15, 2009, 12:25 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I am currently using the latest version of WP and Atahualpa and am having trouble getting the page menu bar to center correctly.

Per other threads, I am using this code to add some spacing to the menu bar.

Code:
ul.rMenu li {
margin-right: 40px;
}
/*reset for submenus*/
ul.rMenu li ul li {
margin-right: 0;
}
The problem is that this throws the bar off center.

How can I maintain the spacing in between while still centering the whole page menu bar?

You can see the page here. (ignore the temporary logo)

The center of "FORUMS" should be between the two banner ads for it to be centered.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Style & edit HEADER AREA: %page-center
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:17 PM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I already am using that. The extra width I placed between the menu bar options is throwing the whole bar off center and I would like to know how to maintain that spacing.
Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you should try setting a left margin also
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:03 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
Ah, such a simple answer yet the perfect solution. Thank you