Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Request for Author page, H1 title in tag page and alt tag for category icon

Old Apr 28, 2013, 10:44 AM
A1Guy

6 posts · Apr 2013
[SOLVED] Request for Author page, H1 title in tag page and alt tag for category icon

I recently saw a couple of errors being reported by Bing webmaster tools and found some minor issues with the theme that if implemented can get my reports clean and user experience improved.

No H1 header tags on tag and category archives
There are no H1 header tags for tag and category archives by default. If added above the loop, they would not only give user the visual clue about the page but also get rid of this error.

I added one for my website on a tag page by customizing the file but i have to redo this on every theme update. http://www.funinfinite.com/tag/shayari/

Missing alt description on category icon in post footer
The other reported issue is for missing alt tags. This was narrowed down to the icon beside post category. I couldn't find a way to add alt description to it myself. Would appreciate if added as it would make the reports a lot cleaner.

Request for Author template
Thirdly I would really appreciate if an author page template may be added to the theme. My site is a fun content submission site(http://www.funinfinite.com) and users like to get their info showcased in a page. Currently if i add author.php, it shows just his posts and no bio. If, at minimum, a bio box is added to top of 'the loop' which shows author pic and name and a short description, it would do the job. Rest of customization may be left to the webmasters.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 03:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
No H1 header tags on tag and category archives
Atahualpa generates an <h1> tag for the 'blog title' on multi post pages. You must be showing the blog title at ato->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Show Blog Title? or at ato->Header Image->Overlay Blog TITLE over Header Image(s)?.

You should not use both places because that will cause two H1's to show which is bad SEO. On pages or single post pages the blog title will be an H2 an the page/post title will be the H1

Quote:
Missing alt description on category icon in post footer
if you use the '<image(xxxx.gif)>' option in the post/page info items, an
HTML Code:
alt=""
is generated. If you wish to put something in this you could edit bfa_postinfo.php and add the text you want on line 7 (version 3.7.12)

Quote:
Request for Author template
would you be willing to fund it's development?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:07 AM
A1Guy

6 posts · Apr 2013
Hi juggledad,

Thanks for the prompt response as always

The icon alt issue got fixed with your suggestion.

The blog title shows up in the header image itself so i removed the header line as well as the overlay as title in close proximity in two places seemed odd. If one is not using either option, is there a way to make the category/tag name the 'h1' title? I currently have customized it myself to do so (Example link in original post).

Just wanted to know if there exists an automated option to do so, so that i don't have to port the custom code every time i upgrade the theme? This is just a minor issue though.

Can you please provide link to a page/post which describes details about how to fund development of features?

Again big thanks for your help juggledad. I really appreciate it.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 04:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
The blog title shows up in the header image itself so i removed the header line as well as the overlay as title in close proximity in two places seemed odd. If one is not using either option, is there a way to make the category/tag name the 'h1' title? I currently have customized it myself to do so (Example link in original post).
The theme provides two ways to display the blog title - over the header image or in the logo area. Those are the options
Quote:
Can you please provide link to a page/post which describes details about how to fund development of features?
there is no page/post describing this, I was asking if you wanted to fund it. The time it would take depends on what exactly you would want in this author page. And that would determine the cost because features=>time=>cost
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:29 PM
A1Guy

6 posts · Apr 2013
I would be happy to have the default author page i.e. with all of his posts displayed. The addition would be a box at the top with his name, avatar and description. Just the standard box that is available on most sites.

There are sample codes available for doing so on wordpress and other sites. I also created one by creating author.php file, adding the loop and a small box at the top to get this working with atahualpa.

You have already discussed such customizations earlier on other threads and i was able to get it working. The issue with such customizations is that they get lost when an upgrade is applied.