Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Huge problems controling sidebars on single posts

Old Nov 14, 2011, 06:30 AM
cwjorgensen

27 posts · Nov 2010
Praestoe, Denmark
Send a message via Skype™ to cwjorgensen
Huge problems controling sidebars on single posts

I have tried and tried to control sidebars on single posts - without succes.
I am allways ending up with all 4 sidebars on single post - no matter what I try to do to control the sidebars - useing ATO - widget and sidebar - style and confiq sidebars.

Sidebar control works in page and category - but it's not working in single posts.

I like to have one category useing only left inner sidebar on singlepost.
And one category useing left and right sidebars on single post.

The only way is to exclude checkmark from "single posts" in ATO - but then all singleposts has the same sidebars. There most be a better way.

Can anybody help my out here - please.

I am running : Atahualpa 3.6.4 - amd latest wordpress
Old Nov 14, 2011, 07:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The theme allows you to set the sidebar display for the single post pages, but as you know it effects all single post pages. While you could use CSS like
HTML Code:
body.uncategorized #left {display: none;}
this doesn't remove the space used by the sidebar and moves the middle area into the sidebar.

To do what you want, you will have to code a 'single.php' template and set the sidebars off based on the criteria you desire. There is a 'HOWTO: create a 'no sidebar' template (or 1, 2, 3 or 4 sidebar template)' thread in the gold forums tutorials you could use as a starting point.