Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] HELP! Activating Atahualpa Theme is crashing my WP site!

Old Mar 12, 2010, 10:20 AM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
I have installed WP 2.9.1 on a new site for a client.

Next I installed the 3.4.6 version of the Atahualpa theme.

When I activate the Atahualpa theme, I get the following screen full of errors above the Dashboard window. (Some of the errors are shown below. I can't show them all cause it exceeds the character limit for this post.)

And when I go to view the site, all I get is this screen full of error messages.

The site is http://www.bestbiztips.com/biggamestudio

I have uninstalled and reinstalled WordPress on the server.

HELP!

Thanks in advance!!!

KIP

--------------------------------------------

Warning: include_once(/home/content/a/b/x/abxnetwork/html/biggamestudio/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_theme_options.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/a/b/x/abxnetwork/html/biggamestudio/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php on line 65

Warning: include_once() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/content/a/b/x/abxnetwork/html/biggamestudio/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions/bfa_theme_options.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php') in /home/content/a/b/x/abxnetwork/html/biggamestudio/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php on line 65

<...snip (more of the same)...>

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 12, 2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:50 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Make sure all the theme files are there. Did you do a manuam install or use the wordpress automatic install? Use the manual method ( ie FTP it to the site)
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:53 AM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Juggledad!

I did an automatic install of WP through GoDaddy.

Then I did an automatic install of the theme through the blog Add New Themes interface.

KIP
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:13 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
How do I do a manual install?

I tried to activate the default theme to replace the Atahualpa theme, and now I have NO access to my Dashboard! So I deleted the Atahualpa theme files via FTP. I can now access my Dashboard.

What the heck is going on? SO weird!

Thanks!

KIP

Last edited by kippiper; Mar 12, 2010 at 12:18 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
zoof

2 posts · Mar 2010
I'm getting the same errors and I've done both an automatic and manual install. I am running an old php (5.1.2) if that could be the issue.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 12:38 PM
zoof

2 posts · Mar 2010
Never mind. I just redid a manual upgrade and it worked fine.
Old Mar 12, 2010, 01:21 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Where do I find the theme files so I can download them and manually install?
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you can get the latest from here - http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/?p=87
Old Mar 12, 2010, 02:43 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
YAY! Got it! Manually installed and activated - and works! Thanks bunches!!!
Old Mar 23, 2010, 01:34 PM
kippiper

135 posts · Jun 2009
Hi Juggledad -

I have been away from WordPress stuff for over a week. Just got back and installed Atahualpa theme on a new site.

I figured out why the theme is crashing in the latest WordPress.

When installing automatically from the WordPress dashboard, it creates the theme folder "atahualpa", whereas when manually installing, the theme folder is "atahualpa346".

Just thought you would like to know!

KIP
Old Mar 23, 2010, 02:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the folder name makes no difference. I have several copies in different folders soI can swap back and forth (atahualpa333, atahualpa342, atahualpa343...etc)

There is something going wrong with the WordPress automatic installer.