Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget on the right side of my header image

Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:41 PM
pitwp

6 posts · Oct 2010
I want to put a widget in my header and place it on the right side of the header image. Not right from the image but the right half of it.

When I create the widget using the simple code and put it in the header, it either comes above the image or under it.

I wanted to fix it with CSS and put absolute position but it is not positioning it anywhere on the right side.
This is the piece of code I was trying to place it with:
#socialhead {
border: none;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
height: 169px;
padding: 0;
position: absolute; top: 50px; left 600 px;
}

How can I put a widget on the right side of my header image? I want to put the social button links there.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 08:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just create a two celled widget area and put your header image in one and the the social buttons in the other. Don't use %image. Instead you the html code for an image.