Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Category description in the menu does not go away

Old Dec 7, 2010, 04:29 PM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
I choose no in the category menu setting, but there is still a small yellow box popup when the cursor is on the menu.

Ask the users to disable browser cursor tooltip feature is never an option.

Anyone know how to get rid of this annoying pop-up?

I am using WP3.02 and Altahualpa 3.5.2.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 06:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
having a url would be useful, other than that I could guess that you still have %cats in the header configuration, but that could be way off base.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 07:03 PM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
Please take a look at this website, www.chineseenglish.com

All menus except recent comments have shown up a yellow box popup with category description in the Firefox and Opera browsers when a mouse cursor is browsed on top of them. No yet try IE7.

See this below image for example. A small yellow box is always there.

Last edited by araneum; Dec 7, 2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 03:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
the 'Title tags in Category Menu Bar' effects the MENU BAR (what gets created when you add %cats to 'Configure Header Area') not anything in a widget in the sidebar.

The 'Categories' widget is code produced by WordPress.org and is not part of the theme. If you want to prevent it from displaying the title that is part of the <li>, you are going to have to look for another plugin or edit the WordPress base code to remove this.
Old Dec 8, 2010, 07:10 PM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
I googled and find someone suggested this tooltip filter solution

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/d...s-1?replies=25

Do you know where to append this call function code in this theme functions.php?

function remove_title($input) {
return preg_replace_callback('#\stitle=

["|\'].*["|\']#',
create_function(
'$matches',
'return "";'
),
$input
);
}
add_filter('wp_list_pages','remove_title');
Old Dec 8, 2010, 08:50 PM