Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

A hack to align page navigation menu to center

Old Feb 9, 2009, 02:06 AM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
This may help those users wanted to position plugin paging navigation menu to center.

Suggest theme creator to include it in the next version. :-)

Under index.php,

<?php
// Next/Previous PAGE Links (on multi post pages)
// in next_posts_link "next" means older
if ( !is_single() AND !is_page() AND strpos($bfa_ata_location_multi_next_prev,'Bottom') !==false AND show_posts_nav() ) {
if (function_exists('wp_pagenavi')) {
echo '<div style="text-align: center;" class="wp-pagenavi-navigation">'; wp_pagenavi(); echo '</div>';
} else {

Last edited by araneum; Feb 9, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2009, 08:27 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thanks, araneum.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 04:56 AM
nils

3 posts · Feb 2009
Does this apply to the Page Navigation? I tried replacing this in two places but it didn't move the pagelist (HOME, ABOUT, ... etc) to the right, it stayed on the left... I would love to have that right aligned. Its somewhere in the rMenu style, but that's a little complex for me to change...

Thanks, Nils
Old Feb 20, 2009, 11:28 PM
lctkw

10 posts · Feb 2009
I prefer using the built-in HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts since that way I can easily upgrade the theme whenever there are updates. Here's my suggested code to use there, based on what you'd suggested. It's really quite basic, but hey, I'm new to the whole CSS thing =P

HTML Code:
div.wp-pagenavi-navigation {
	text-align: center;
	}
Old Feb 26, 2009, 08:07 PM
yorkhugo

2 posts · Feb 2009
Chicago
I'm still having a hard time understanding where this code goes. I have been looking for a centering method for months now (since fall) and cannot figure out how to get it center. My blog is at http://www.nobodydanceshere.com/blog/ and I would like the navigation to be in the center.

I'm not completely dumb about scripts, so if you could perhaps tell me which CSS file it goes in and where that would be great. I tried to copy and paste directly into my index.php but it didn't work at all.

Thank you so much.
Old Feb 26, 2009, 08:08 PM
yorkhugo

2 posts · Feb 2009
Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by lctkw
I prefer using the built-in HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts since that way I can easily upgrade the theme whenever there are updates. Here's my suggested code to use there, based on what you'd suggested. It's really quite basic, but hey, I'm new to the whole CSS thing =P

HTML Code:
div.wp-pagenavi-navigation {
	text-align: center;
	}

Where exactly did you put this? I have no clue where these codes go...
Old Mar 5, 2009, 06:27 AM
lctkw

10 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkhugo
Where exactly did you put this? I have no clue where these codes go...
Sorry, I don't check this frequently so the reply's super-late. If you haven't already figured it out, go to the Atahualpa Theme Options, then go to the 'HTML/CSS Inserts' tab (think that's the second-last one). Scroll all the way to the bottom, and paste whatever CSS you want to add/edit into the box labelled 'CSS Inserts'.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 01:59 PM
fretbuzz

9 posts · Apr 2009
I tried this and it didn't work. I guess my terms maybe wrong. I am trying to center the text and buttons for the page navagation and categories buttons on the page. It currently stays to the left.

I would like to use HTML/CSS Inserts if possible.
Old Apr 9, 2009, 07:48 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
There's confusion here about the meaning of "Page Navigation".

This thread is about the "Page 1,2,3 Next" Navigation between single Wordpress pages that the plugin Wp-PageNavi provides and which you can use to replace the default Previous/Next Page/Post navigation of Wordpress. And lctkw is right, use a HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert as suggested by him

The horizontal dropdown Page Menu Bar is not what this thread is about
To center that one see http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=122 post #19