Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Atahualpa and New iPad's Retina Display

Old May 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
hlietz

45 posts · Jan 2010
Atahualpa and New iPad's Retina Display

Some pictures don't look really sharp on the new iPad's Retina Display. I'd like to at least make the logo image look good. What's the best way to do that? I think it's not possible to use a vector graphic as a logo. And when I use a better resolution on my logo picture (150dpi) it's oversized. Any suggestions?
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:06 AM
Flur

29 posts · Dec 2008
I'm bumping this as I'd like to know also - is there a way to manage header and logo images for retina screens? I'd love to be able to do this in Atahualpa.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 10:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is nothing in the theme that will address this, but you could replace the %image in the 'onfigure Header Area' option with a new widget area and than add a plugin that handles retina displays.

One thing to note, use of high def images means bigger files and longer load times and a bigger bite out of users data plans...food for thought.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:53 AM
Flur

29 posts · Dec 2008
Thanks for the idea. I'm going to experiment with plugins and if I find something that works I'll post it here.

Good point about the data hit - however, as a photographer, the quality of the images must come first for me. The plugin that I'm hoping will work will only serve the larger images if the device can handle them, which should help with the data hit for folks who don't have retina devices.