Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

header size

Old Nov 6, 2010, 06:10 AM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
I finally figured out how to use the <h-> settings to change the size of post titles and now find that in addition to changing the size of the post title it also changes the size every time the title is mentioned, including after the <more> function. Am I stuck with the default size of the title if I don't want other automatic mentions to be changed?

Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 07:03 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Could you explain what it is you would like to see.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:03 AM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Hard to explain. I think easier to see.

If you go to arthritis-alternatives.com and scroll to the post that begins 'Genetech Offers ...' and look at the <more> 'continue reading...' option at the end of the post you'll see that the name of the article is the same size as the title.

Then scroll down to the post titled 'The RA Pharmacy: Supplements'. The 'continue reading' option that you see at the bottom is the default and small. The font doesn't match the title as it did after the first.

I don't want the title to be huge every time it crops up. Can I fix or do I have to use only the default font to avoid problems?

Thanks.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 02:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
How did you style those two posts? What did you do differently in the first one that shows up big for the read more? That should be styled in ATO>Style Posts & Pages>Headline Box: Text and Headline Box: Links.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 03:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what browser? they look fine in Safari, the title is large, but the title after the continue reading is the same font size as the 'continue reading'
Old Nov 6, 2010, 04:03 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Larry - all that is different in the two posts is the HTML designation that I added to the first post: <h3></h3> I didn't change anything else.

Juggledad - I'm using Firefox. I was hoping the problem was something I could fix.

thanks very much.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 04:09 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
Sorry - one more thing. Do you recognize this code? Does it have anything to do with the RSS feed?

It appears on most of my posts after I publish them. If I delete them it has no effect on the post.

It's a mystery to me.

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /> <input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" />

<!--Session data--><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden" /><input id="jsProxy" onclick="jsCall();" type="hidden" />

Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Where did you add the h3 designation to the first post. Could a plugin be doing something to add that code perhaps?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 05:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
See http://wordpress.org/support/topic/l...lickjscall-typ
Old Nov 7, 2010, 02:56 PM
sjolyjuly

70 posts · Mar 2010
I use Firefox and IE. The problem was the same in both. Interesting that it looks ok in Safari.

I tried disconnecting the plugins and it didn't change anything.

Between the header designation is where I put the title.

I gave up and went back to the default. Hate to admit defeat.

Thanks for your help.
Old Nov 7, 2010, 08:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I think I know what you are doing now as I was able to replicate. I had never put html in the title box of a post or page. If you want to change the titles of posts and pages you should change it in ATO>Style Posts & Pages>Headline Box: Text and Headline Box: Links.

Did you try adjusting the font size there? Besides the h tags don't even work in the post or page title box.