Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Bizarre behavior of widget links on Firefox

Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:32 AM
rescharf

6 posts · Feb 2011
Send a message via Skype™ to rescharf
Hi, folks,
I included a bunch of icons to Facebook, Twitter etc. on my footer and header. They lead to the right external links on Explorer and Chrome but on Firefox they always take the visitors to an internal link (always to the same banner image).
I am using the latest versions of Atahualpa and Wordpress and my website is www.deepbrazil.com. I am a newbie that probably messes with code more than I should.
Any idea why it is behaving this way?
Thanks - and just know I love your great work.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 11:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go back and look at the link you used - why do the background image have a link associated to it

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 21, 2011 at 11:49 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 12:00 PM
rescharf

6 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks, JD. I removed the background links and now the icons lead nowhere. This configuration won't work for Firefox?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 01:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is the code you have in the widget area in the header?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 02:31 PM
rescharf

6 posts · Feb 2011
Right now it is:

<?php bfa_widget_area('name=anuncio'); ?><?php bfa_widget_area('name=icones&cells=6&width_2=40&wi dth_3=40&width_4=40&width_5=40&width_6=153'); ?> %pages %bar1

I renamed the widget areas and downloaded the icons again with no results, so I decided to avoid the superposition of images. I did that and the links now are good on Firefox. The "feel" is not the same, but it is good enough.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:04 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
not the code that set up the widget area. You put a text widget in - what code did you put in the text widget?
Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:23 PM
rescharf

6 posts · Feb 2011
Right, sorry. It is an Image Widget with no text, apart the link.
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:19 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
an 'Image widget?? where did you get it, is this part of a plugin? which one or did you use a text widget and add image code to it. if so EXACTLY what code did you add.
Old Dec 22, 2011, 02:30 PM
rescharf

6 posts · Feb 2011
Juggledad, I built the header with several image widgets created with the Image Widget Plugin (for the title and the icons). I thought this was pretty standard. I didn't add any code, just the images and their links.
Am I terribly wrong?
In the end, even if I couldn't superpose images with their respective links as originally intended, I found a reasonable alternative, so don't worry. Thank you so much!