Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Montezuma css grid ... am I 'getting' it?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 3, 2013, 11:15 AM
Michael4fm

38 posts · Nov 2011
Manchester, UK
Layout [SOLVED] Montezuma css grid ... am I 'getting' it?

Love this theme ... so much I want to convert several sites to it! (Partly cos the 'two tone' effect works really well with sub-domains, and partly just cos I'm sad like that.)

1st problem I'm having is with the grid concept. Trying to get 'postformat' for each excerpt to be 9 columns wide, then a 3 column 'widget' ... for each post.

Have changed index.php to have a 12 column width for each 'postformat' sub-template. On the 'postformat' template the actual 'blurb' is 9 columns, which works, then - if I understand the grid concept correctly - there should be a 3 column 'space' for me to put something in. 9 column bit works fine, or whatever no. of columns I set it to, but the remaining 3 columns are beneath instead of 'next to'. I'm working off-line on a wamp server, but I've recreated the issue here: http://www.play.s-t-u-f-f.net

Have wrapped the main 'postformat' blurb in a 9 column div then have a 3 column div. Tried various locations for this 2nd div, but all have the same result. Any suggestions? Or am I just totally not understanding how this 'grid' concept should work?