Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Lost settings after update to 3.5.1 from 3.4.9 + cannot retrieve import sett

Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:14 AM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hello everyone!!

I have been using Atahualpa for my own site for a while and this new site I have started building for a friend in the last few weeks and I absolutely love the countless options it has.

As the new site, patsypics.com/ had not been updated yet from 3.4.9 and was also having some problems with rotating header images (did work in I.E, but not in any other browsers such as Safari, Mozilla or Google Chrome), I hoped that an update would fix the problem as my own website mafgirl.com is running on 3.5.1 and rotating headers are working in all browsers. (both website on wordpress 2.9.2)

Before the update I made sure I had exported the settings file so I would not lose any settings.
After the update (downloaded 3.5.1. files , then FTP into the themes folder) I imported the settings and it worked fine - although headers still not rotating. I then read what it said underneath 'import settings' : 'Since 3.4.7 options are stored in one single option named bfa_ata4. If you had issues with Atahulpa 3.4.7, 3.4.8 or 3.4.9 you may have a corrupted option bfa_ata4 in the database. Delete bfa_ata4 then reload a page on your site. This will create a new bfa_ata4 entry in the database.'
I figured since I had an issue, I would try this. It said deleted successfully' and after reloading a page, it became clear that Atahualpa had reverted all settings back to default.
That obviously didn't work for me so I tried to import settings again to get it back to my settings and it didn't work. Tried many times, but to no avail. Have also reinstalled 3.5.1 in the themes folder, deleted 3.4.9, changed theme to default, then back to 3.5.1 and tried importing settings again, but it won't budge.

When I look in the text file it does still have the old settings in there, as I can see the font we used, which isn't in the default settings.
Is there anything I can do or do I have to manually set everything back to our preferences?

Thanks anyone for replying and if we can fix this we will donate to keep this brilliant theme running!
Thanks again, Marjolijn

PS have attached the settings file for patsypics

Last edited by mafgirl; May 15, 2011 at 01:35 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 04:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a deep breath and slowly releas it. I just used the import file, and see a header image, menu bar with light teal tabs then large center area, post text in purple and one sidebar.

do this, go to the site ato->Export/Import Settings

1) Do the import pointing at the file. You will know it works if you breifly see a green message saying it was successful. If you don't see the message, do the import again. Sometimes it takes multiple imports to work (don't know why, but that is my experience) - if you see the green message, your all set.

2) if this doesn't work, press the 'Delete bfa_ata4' button once, go to another page, come back and do (1) again.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 04:37 AM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Thank you for your reply Juggledad, but unfortunately, I had tried this already..
I have tried again today a few times importing the file, but what happens is, every time i click 'upload & import atahualpa file' it navigates to another page in the ATO menu, even before i have selected the file. very occasionally it stays on the right page, but no green message and no changes. I deleted the bfa_ata4 file again and tried to upload settings file again, but the same thing keeps happening... i honestly tried about 20 times and am now starting to pull out my hair. this website was supposed to be finished by now and I am going to have to start re-setting all the settings manually. However, if you manage to find a solve for this i would be happy to know as it would save me HEAPS of time!
I am happy to pm you the log in details, in fact i will do it now. Hope you can help and i will definitely donate as i'd be so grateful!
Marjolijn

edit: after changing some settings back to normal and about half an hour or 45 mins of tweaking, it suddenly went back to my settings!!! i have no idea how, i thought maybe you had done anything juggledad? but you probably haven't as you haven't replied... strange thing is though, rotating headers are still not properly working like it is on my mafgirl website... it does change header when you change page, and it does rotate in I.E. but not in any other browser.... random problem? perhaps i should update to 3.5.2. that has just come out in the last few days...? risk or not

Last edited by mafgirl; Jul 22, 2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: started working again randomly..