Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

[SOLVED] Hiding "comments are closed"

Old Jun 29, 2010, 11:26 PM
pranzyt

21 posts · Jun 2010
Ok,

I have disabled the comments from my website...but it still shows saying "comments are closed"

How to hide it too...since i dont want it.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
go to ato->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS->FOOTER: xxxxxxxxx (there are 4 footer areas) and remove the comment section
Old Jul 18, 2010, 12:19 AM
stainton

10 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Juggledad,

I have the same issue. When you say "remove the comment section," do you mean remove EVERYTHING from within the FOOTER:****** fields? If not, could you clarify what the "comment section" is? Thanks!
Old Jul 18, 2010, 02:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You can put different information in the FOOTER options. One of the parameters is the Comments. The default for the area is
HTML Code:
%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')% | %comments('Leave a comment', 'One comment', '% comments', 'Comments are closed')% %edit(' | ', 'Edit this post', '')%
to remove everything to do with comments, you would change it to
HTML Code:
%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')%
Old Oct 17, 2010, 09:04 AM
sf_webmestre

2 posts · Sep 2010
Villabé, France
Hi juggledad, hi all,

I can't get rid of "Comments closed." at the end of some of my static pages although :
* I set the ATO -> Comments -> Style & configure COMMENTS -> Allow comments on "Page" pages, too? value to "Yes"
* I unchecked "Enable comments" for these pages on the WP Pages Editing Page
* the ATO -> Post & Pages -> Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS ->FOOTER: "Page" Pages field is left blank.

Down here is the excerpt of the code of one page where the "Comments closed." line ("Commentaires clos." in french) appears but is not wanted.

Code:
<!-- Main Column -->
<td id="middle">

<div class="post-238 page type-page hentry post" id="post-238">

<div class="post-headline">
    <h1>Nos produits</h1>
</div>

<div class="post-bodycopy clearfix">
<p>Liste et illustrations des entrées, plats, desserts et boissons concoctés ou proposés par Senefood.</p>
</div>

</div><!-- / Post -->

<p>Commentaires clos.</p>

<!-- If comments are open -->

</td>
<!-- / Main Column -->
I guess this has to do with some conditions that are found in the comments.php file, as especially with variables like is_page() and $bfa_ata['comments_on_pages'] but if so I don't know where to include this so that it's taken into account.

Btw, the use of the comment forms on comment-enabled page/post pages works like a charm.
NB: I'm running Atahualpa 3.5.3.

Thanx a lot in advance for your help.

- Yann
Old Oct 25, 2010, 05:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
export your settings and attach them to a reply
Old Oct 25, 2010, 01:24 PM
sf_webmestre

2 posts · Sep 2010
Villabé, France
Here we go.
(Attached file removed)

Last edited by sf_webmestre; Oct 26, 2010 at 04:09 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2010, 02:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, it works for me. Try disabling all your plugins and see if there is a conflict
Old May 22, 2012, 05:42 AM
incamedia

19 posts · Aug 2010
Trying to remove 'comments closed'

I have removed the comments entries in the Post Info Items so I just have:

%date('F jS, Y')% | %tags-linked('Tags: ', ', ', ' | ')% Category: %categories-linked(', ')%

I have this for the first 3 footers and for the last footer (FOOTER: "Page" Pages) I have blank.

I still get 'comments closed' on posts though?
Old May 22, 2012, 08:38 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what do you have set at ato->Style & configure COMMENTS->Comments Are Closed text?
Old May 23, 2012, 12:39 AM
incamedia

19 posts · Aug 2010
Nothing now! Thanks.