Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Bullet problems

Old Feb 14, 2009, 11:01 PM
leslamb

12 posts · Feb 2009
The bullets are not working right in two of my widgets:

1. Twitter widget. Bullet does not appear beside entire entry, only beside time of update and "@" symbols (and these, it puts on their own lines - didn't happen in my last theme).
2. StatPress TopPost widget. Puts stats of each post on a second line, and then Atahualpa only bullets the first line.

Thanks! Site: http://leslamb.ca (WP 2.7.1)
Old Feb 15, 2009, 07:47 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'll include extra formatting for twitter in the next update. The problem is the kind of decoration used here requires different CSS for all the different types of widgets (multiple links, links with text, only links etc). For now you could add this at HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert

HTML Code:
#twitter_div a:link,
#twitter_div a:active,
#twitter_div a:visited,
#twitter_div a:hover {
display: inline;
border-left: 0;
}
The line with border-left would be optional and only be used if you want to remove the left border on the links

The problem with the statpress widget is that it is putting the number outside the <li>...</li> (not just outside the link <a>...</a>, that's a bit odd. Do you have an option in that widget to display it as something different than an unordered list, or to display the numbers inside the list items?
Old Feb 15, 2009, 10:23 PM
jonconnelly

1 posts · Feb 2009
New York, NY
Send a message via AIM to jonconnelly Send a message via MSN to jonconnelly Send a message via Yahoo to jonconnelly Send a message via Skype™ to jonconnelly
I'm having a similar problem with the twitter-tools plugin/widget. I managed to modify the HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert based on your code, with mine instead using:

HTML Code:
#twitter-tools a:link,
#twitter-tools a:active,
#twitter-tools a:visited,
#twitter-tools a:hover {
display: inline;
border-left: 0;
}
Without that code though, it put each username, hashtag, and relative tweet time on a separate line, with it's own bullet, I'm assuming because each one is a hyperlink.

You can see exactly what I'm referring to in this screenshot here:

Hoping there is some way to overcome this widget issue so that it's not necessary to add fixes to the css insert in the future, as I really do like this theme.

As of right now that extra bit of css fixed the legibility, but it would be nice to still have the grey bars next to each individual tweet, so they can be easily interpreted as separate entries.

Blog can be found at http://blog.jonconnelly.net

Thanks for your help and the great theme just the same though!

Jon
Old Feb 16, 2009, 08:56 PM
leslamb

12 posts · Feb 2009
Sorry, Flynn....I'm not sure where to paste this fix? I see you're mentioning HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Insert, but I'm not sure where that is. I don't believe you're referring to the actual text widget where my twitter code is, or to my stylesheet.css file, and I'm not sure where else this might be.

By the way, thanks for the work you put into this theme, you really did a great job.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 09:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That's at Site Admin -> Appearance -> Atahualpa Theme Options -> HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:18 PM
leslamb

12 posts · Feb 2009
Okay, jonconnelly's code seems to work best, but I agree with him it would be nice if the gray bullets appeared properly. About the StatPress widget, no there are no options like this available. Any other ideas for the twitter and statpress widgets? Thanks.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:40 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I'll add this to the next theme version.
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:53 PM
leslamb

12 posts · Feb 2009
Okay, Thanks for trying, Flynn. Do you have a rough idea of when it will be released?
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:54 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Sometime later this week
Old Feb 16, 2009, 10:55 PM
leslamb

12 posts · Feb 2009
Wow, that's amazing. Flynn, thanks again for all the help. Good night!