Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] byline styling

Old Oct 18, 2009, 01:20 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
i have added two widgets in single post byline by puting the add new widget code there, but the widgets are appearing in a grey background box, i want the byline to have no background, is it possible?
atahualpa 3.4.4
wp 2.8.3

Last edited by Zed; Oct 18, 2009 at 01:29 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 04:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what's the url?

The gray box is the 'byline' styling, you have actually added the widgets to the 'byline'

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 18, 2009 at 05:03 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 10:42 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
techspeck.com

check out some post as its showing on single post pages
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
ok, I looked, what's the issue? the add has a white background and the text doesn't - If you want it white you need to style it.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:13 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
the add is placed inside a gray box and so is bfa-popular-post widget wich i have named as 'dont forget to check these' ... both are inside the byline, i dont mind them inside byline, i just want to change the background color or byling and also the hover effect
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you want to style just that widget, look at the source, and locate it. Yo will see the ID you gave it, so you can construce the CSS selector and rule based off that and put it in the CSS Inserts
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:33 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
um i am sorry i think i am unable to explain myself being such a noob tht i am...i'l try again

i want to show google ads or any other widget on single post pages just below the headline (that is after the author name and date category etc)
i tried achieving this by adding a new widget area in the byline, but now the widget and the adsense is inside the byline and therefore they have a gray box surronding them.

i dont want a gray box around the ad or the widget, i want them on the same background as the site has, either i can bring them out of byline and put the widget code in the loop below the byline (but that makes them appear on home pages also and i dont know how to put a condition like 'just show on single post pages') or i can style the byline in such a way that it has a white color and no hover effect.

(i dont want to change the styling of individual widet or the ad.)

i know you'r time is important and i greatly appreciate your help.
Old Oct 18, 2009, 11:55 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You want to get rid of the gray background? I inspected that element, and it's a td id, inside_loop_widget_areas_2. You could do some CSS styling for that element in the theme options/HTML and CSS inserts.

JD, is that right?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, I don't know where my head was. If you want the new widget area after each post headline, just put the new widget code in 'The LOOP' after the headline code.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:02 AM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
wud that show the new widget area only on single post pages or would i need to use a condition statement like like u said...(i am not very confident i'll be able to use condition statements)
Old Oct 20, 2009, 08:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it will show it on all pages that display any post. If you want to limit it, you need to put a condition on it
Old Oct 20, 2009, 11:37 PM
Zed

23 posts · Sep 2009
thanx alot juggledad, i search on the forums and found a post by flynn http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2442 so i think i'll just use his code this time, cuz byline styling is i guess not for me at this stage and you r right i need to expand my wp skills in order to try fancy things. so thanx again