Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

fixed header and footer?

Old Mar 18, 2013, 05:39 AM
anthonydunnen

8 posts · Mar 2013
Amsterdam
Hi Guys, im a newbie here, so bear with me.
I want to have a fixed static header and footer on Atahualpa.
So the content scrolls but a menu at the bottom, and top header stays the same on the site no matter how much they scroll.

Is this possible? If so, with css or with the Atahualpa functions some how.

Thanks for any advice!

Anthony
Old Mar 18, 2013, 06:39 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you search the forums?
look thru the 'Atahualpa - FAQ; forum?

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 19, 2013 at 01:20 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 08:59 AM
anthonydunnen

8 posts · Mar 2013
Amsterdam
Ah, thanks! I was searching for the wrong terms.

But I discovered, after following the thread (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=12289) when I placed the code
HTML Code:
#header {position:fixed;}
in the CSS insert Header area, the text
HTML Code:
#header {position:fixed;}
showed up on the page rather than effecting the style?

Old Mar 18, 2013, 09:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ummm, you may want to go back and read that thread again...
Old Mar 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
anthonydunnen

8 posts · Mar 2013
Amsterdam
Thanks Juggledad

Hmm, I went back and re-read things, but when I try to "put it in the 'CSS Inserts' option"

I found it just shows up in the page as text? I assume in that post you meant to place it in the "HTML Inserts: Header" area?

Thanks, just trying to clarify, ive gone back to that post many times, but I cannot see what I am missing...

A
Old Mar 19, 2013, 01:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it should go in ato->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
anthonydunnen

8 posts · Mar 2013
Amsterdam
Okay, each time I add #header {position:fixed;} to where you recommended I see the text "#header {position:fixed;}" in the header section, rather than it functioning as code. Maybe im not doing something right?

Im inserting it where it says:

HTML Inserts: Header

Add code here (JavaScript, CSS, certain type of HTML) that you want to put into the header section of the website, between <head> and </head>. Note: Any HTML you put here shouldn't be "visible" HTML such as a table or a DIV container. If you put HTML here, then it would be machine parsable code, something like a meta tag, such as:
Old Mar 21, 2013, 10:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you are putting it in HTML Inserts: Header but where did I tell you to put it?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 01:04 PM
anthonydunnen

8 posts · Mar 2013
Amsterdam
Ahem, ah....thanks for making me look, dyslexia sometimes complicates things.
It worked, I think, but now I dont see the header image at all. And now that I reloaded the page the code is not in that field.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 01:12 PM
anthonydunnen

8 posts · Mar 2013
Amsterdam
Stop the presses! I see what happened, the text is covering it up. Thanks Juggledad!
I think I can figure this out! A
Old Mar 26, 2013, 10:52 AM
anthonydunnen

8 posts · Mar 2013
Amsterdam
Hey Juggledad, sorry to be back again, so I figured out where to put the #header {position:fixed;}
but each time I do my header image dissapears. I thought it was behind the body text last time. I then tried #footer {position:fixed;} without the header fixed code, and the body text and the header both dissapear.

Any wisdom from anywhere here, its probably some simple css thing, but like I said, im a newbie.

A