Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Creating a home page that is a page

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:15 AM
mactony

67 posts · Jan 2009
Creating a home page that is a page

Hello,

First of all, it would be hard to overstate how wonderful I think this theme is. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I will definitely make a donation.

My question is that i would like to have my greeting page, that is the page that initially greets my visitor, to be a static page, and have the posting page of the blog be a link in the menu bar of the home page.

This way my visitor is greeted with some of my imagery and an introduction, instead of lots of text, and then can click through to my "news" page where all of my bloggery is posted. Does that make sense? Is that something that I can easily engineer through the theme settings? I can't quite figure it out, I was hoping you my be able to provide some insight. Thanks again for all your wonderful work!

Tony