Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Only one post entry on each of the tags and categories pages

Old Oct 7, 2009, 09:49 PM
JFG

44 posts · Jul 2009
Canada
I am not understanding why but on the pages for each tag and category I only see the data for one post and not all the posts that are using these tags and categories... is this normal? Shouldn't I see many posts on these tags and categories pages? This is occuring in both 3.4.3 and 3.4.4
Thanks for any help,
JF
Old Oct 8, 2009, 03:10 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what's the url so we can see what you are talking about.
If you select a category or tag, all post shold show up
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:02 AM
JFG

44 posts · Jul 2009
Canada
Hi Juggledad,

One site is : http://www.easyhomeremediesforacne.com - if you click on the tag 'easy home remedies for acne' you should see all the posts but you only see the last one. The categories are not set up on this site but they do the same thing on other sites.
Old Oct 8, 2009, 07:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I notice you have varioys plugins. Try disabling them all and see what happens
Old Oct 8, 2009, 12:59 PM
JFG

44 posts · Jul 2009
Canada
I have disabled all plugins one by one and it has not corrected the situation unfortunately...
Old Oct 8, 2009, 01:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you try it with them all disabled at the same time?
Old Oct 8, 2009, 01:42 PM
JFG

44 posts · Jul 2009
Canada
yes I did. but...

I just found out what caused this problem.

In the 'Reading' settings of WP, where it says : 'Blog pages show at most' I had '1' written in there. That's because I don't want to show more than 1 post on the home page but I did not realize it applied also to tags and categories pages. So the situation is somewhat resolved, but I still would like to not be showing many posts on the home page (although I realize I can show the subsequent posts as excerpts only)...

Thank you for your help!

JF
Old Oct 8, 2009, 01:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Oh good, I was getting stumpped - why not put a limiter i 'The LOOP to only show the number you want? - see example 2 in the description area of ATO->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN->The LOOP
Old Oct 8, 2009, 01:51 PM
JFG

44 posts · Jul 2009
Canada
Ok I'll look into that!

Thanks again!