Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Font weight on blog title

Old Oct 7, 2014, 07:09 PM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Hi

I'd like to set my blog title and tagline in the header to a light weight. The tagline is easy. I just insert [font-weight: 300;] in Style & edit HEADER AREA -> Blog Tagline, but this doesn't work for the Blog Title. The box doesn't process the command, and the dropdown box underneath it offers only 'Bold' and ' Normal' options. How can I style the title please?

Thanks!
Kit
Old Oct 7, 2014, 08:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
(why did you enter this same thread 4 times? that makes me waste time looking at them all and having to delete 3 of them.)
You can over ride the CSS in sth CSS Inserts option
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:10 AM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
I apologise for the repeat postings. When I tried to post my query I kept getting error messages from the server saying it was unavailable, so I assumed the command had failed and tried again. I didn't realize that posts had got through. I am sorry for causing you needless work.

Could you advise me what css code to use to format the blog title use please? I've tried various options, but none works.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
get the FIreBug extension of FireFox and install it, then go to your site and click the FireBug icon to activate it.

Use the 'Inspector' option (box with an arrow in it) and point at the title - this should show you the CSS being used to apply the font-weight bold.

Copy that CSS to the CSS inserts and change it to what you want.

FireBug is great because you can change the CSS on the fly to see what effect it will have.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:54 AM
kitfreeman

57 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks! I'll experiment with that.

Apologies again for the annoyance.

K