Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How do I get the blog on the other pages?

Old Dec 16, 2009, 03:52 PM
GuruJ

34 posts · Dec 2009
Seattle, Wa
Good day friends,
I wanted to make each of my practitioner's pages both static text at the top and then the blog underneath.
I have been trying to make the blog go onto any other "page" but I can't see how it can...

I basically want a blog on each page that would be a category and would then make up the main blog on the front page. ie.. Massage page would have a word about our therapists, prices, contacts and then a blog that all my therapists could write articles in. If one of them writes a new massage article then it would also show on the front pages blog. Each page would be a category (massage, hypnotherapy, acupuncture, etc..) and the front would be all categories together. So someone on the front page may see an interesting story about massage and then will click the link to get to the page.

Thanks for your help.

PS I donated a few days ago and I got no gold bricks yet!

Last edited by GuruJ; Dec 16, 2009 at 08:42 PM. Reason: donating whine
Old Dec 19, 2009, 11:52 PM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
I downloaded this plugin and it definitely pulls the posts but I am having trouble getting it to format nicely. Also I can't figure out how to get images to display. GuruJ, I think this would accomplish what you are after as you can insert posts on as many different pages as you like, and limit it by category. So as long as your authors pick the right cat., your massage posts will only show on the massage page.

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nurelm-get-posts/

The output looks like this:
* Hello world!2009-12-19 01:41:49test excerpt

The date and time is not following my date & time preferences, and there are no spaces.
The code looks like this:
[get_posts fields="post_title, post_date, post_excerpt" fields_classes="class1, class2, class3" fields_make_link="true, false, false"]

I have read the documentation over and over and due to my own limitations I can't quite figure it out.

Last edited by lucy; Dec 20, 2009 at 10:33 AM. Reason: clarification (oh duh!)
Old Dec 20, 2009, 12:07 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I have used the List Category Posts plugin with success. Lot's of options for sorting etc.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:29 PM
sunnivie

16 posts · Sep 2009
@lmilesw
Thank you so much for suggesting this plug-in! It's fabulous.

This entire forum is just truly invaluable. I adore it. Just wanted to say that.
Old Dec 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
You know, a crazy thing happened. I had the List Category Posts plugin installed the other day, it worked great. Then I had to uninstall WP and start fresh (long story).

When I reinstalled, WP had gotten to the next highest version (2.9) and the List Category Post plugin had moved on to .7. Now I just get a blank where it should be displaying the category.

I uninstalled the plugin and reinstalled it. Nothing.

That's a shame because it worked well. I wonder if these upgrades broke it or if I did something wrong?
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:42 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I just went to one of my sites that had List Category Posts installed and just now upgraded and got the same results as you. I am going to try and find the .6 v of List Category Posts and send them a head up about the bug.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:47 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
Larry, are all your other shortcodes working?

This was not the only one of mine that broke.

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...1614#post21614

I am so frustrated.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 08:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I had to go back to .6 of the List Category Posts and that site is OK now. I checked another that was using the "WP Simple PP Shopping Cart" v2.6 and that IS working. I am at WP 2.9 on both. I looked at your other post and am not quite sure what you mean by "the system does not display this shortcode". I looked at my page and the shortcode is there. I am using the widget for the shopping cart.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:23 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
YES! I thought I had already tried the old version, but I went ahead and deleted .7, re-installed .6 which I still had on my computer, and my category posts are listed like they were before.

My Simple PP shopping cart is the same as yours and it's not displaying the product variables (the catalog). I will edit the other post.

Thanks a million.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I wan't using any variables with the PP shopping cart so I tried adding one as a test and it worked ok for me.