Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Widget Alignment

Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:32 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
[SOLVED] Widget Alignment

Hi,

I've been trying to set up a 3 celled widgets and am having problems getting the 2nd widget to align at the top. Below is the code I've used. I know nothing about php so I'm not sure what is missing.

PHP Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header widget&cells=3&align=2&width_1=675&width_3=240&align_2=1before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="Header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>');?>
I've tried using CSS but I cannot get it to change. I've added this to the insets also.

Code:
   #header_widget_2 div.widget {
    color: #fff;
    background: transparent;
    border: 0 10px 10px 10px;
    vertical-align:top;
}
I'm sure it likely has something to do with the php code.

Site is under maintenance but I can open it up temporarily.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you have align_2=1
take a look at the align sub option
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:31 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The alignment property does need to be correct but you are also missing an ampersand (preceding before_widget). Also your code indicates a width of 675px for cell 1 and a width of 240px for cell 3. Make sure those are correct as well.
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header widget&cells=3&align=2&width_1=675&width_3=240&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="Header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>');?>

Last edited by lmilesw; Nov 15, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:06 AM
sleenie

291 posts · May 2009
Texas and New Mexico
Send a message via Skype™ to sleenie
Juggledad, that did it1 I can't believe I stared at for as long as I did and missed it.

And Larry i also added in the ampersand. And yes, my widths were correct. Or at least it gives me what I needed.

Thanks so much.