Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] my background image on repeat-x creates a scrollbar - how to get rid of it?

Old Jul 17, 2011, 03:48 PM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'm using ATA 3.6.7 and WordPress 3.1.3.
To get the background image I put the following in: Overall Style & Config./Body, Text & Links/Body Style

font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
line-height: 1.4;
color: #001451;
background-image: url(/images/corrigan-bentley-sales-background2.jpg);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
background-color: #a2a8be;
padding-top: 20px; padding-bottom: 20px;

and put background to everything else to transparent in all the relevant ATA menus.

My layout is 95% fluid with a 1150px min

The background image is 10px x 1500px

I tried adding a width:100% to the above CSS but that didn't help. with a normal background colour it doesnt create the scroll bar, so I must be doing something wrong in the code?

Thanks for looking

Last edited by mafgirl; Jan 19, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 07:58 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try adding the following to your code
HTML Code:
overflow: hidden;
Old Jul 27, 2011, 07:52 AM
mafgirl

79 posts · May 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hello Larry

Thanks for your answer, although using this meant all overflow was hidden and I could therefore not scroll up and down either.
Weirdly enough, after then deleting the code, it was all working perfectly..
Unexplained, but fine by me