Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Problems with positioning bullet lists next to images in posts

Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:25 PM
scurry

3 posts · Apr 2010
Problems with positioning bullet lists next to images in posts

I've looked all over for a solution on this. On many of my posts, we have a bullet list of ingredients for a recipe. We insert an image in the post by normal methods using "visual" method (not html).

When you publish the post, the bullets sit on top or inside of the border around the image.

Looked all around the settings many times and can't find a solution.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 07:47 AM
LaneLester

76 posts · May 2010
North Georgia, NA
I'm a little hesitant to make this a reply to a year-old post, but it describes perfectly my problem.
Quote:
When you publish the post, the bullets sit on top or inside of the border around the image.
A search turned up a number of similar problems, but none of the suggestions have helped me.

After deactivating all plugins, the problem remains.

I tried adding each of these CSS inserts with no effect:
Code:
div.post ul {
padding-left: 40px;
}
Code:
ul.post {
padding-left: 40px;
}
The same problem occurs with ordered lists (1,2,3...), so if there is a CSS insert that will work, I guess it will need to include code for both ul and ol.

I'm using Atahualpa 3.6.4.

Lane

Last edited by LaneLester; Mar 14, 2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 08:59 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is an issue with floated objects next to lists. There are some workarounds of sorts but I prefer to float images to the right of lists to avoid this problem.