Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Web Hosting for WordPress »

Best practices for .htaccess?

Old Jun 30, 2013, 11:39 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Best practices for .htaccess?

I've been trying to speed up a site I've done with Atahualpa. I've read many bits of advice about what to add to the server's .htaccess file, and it gets a little bewildering.

Any advice from you guys about the must-have bits of code you use in your Wordpress site's .htaccess file?
Old Jun 30, 2013, 02:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
htaccess is a whole nother beast. Might I recommend
.htaccess made easy
a practical guide for administrators, designers & developers
by jeff starr
Old Jun 30, 2013, 04:27 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I just bought the book. It comes with a WordPress htaccess template.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 04:42 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Thanks for the recommendation, JD. I just bought the book. I got concerned because I was reading so many different suggestions from different people in different forums about which bits of code to add to .htaccess, and some people were having major issues after adding this or that piece of code. I want to really understand what I'm doing!