Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Custom color selector results in shades of grey

Old Oct 23, 2009, 01:54 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

I'm trying to customize the color of menu currently but I'm having the same problem with all of the color options. When I select a new color from the color selector (for any option), in the Atahualpa admin options I don't get any color except grey. If I select higher on the selector I get a lighter shade of grey and I select lower I get darker grey or black at the bottom but the actual color (red, blue, etc) does not show in the admin panel or on the website after a save.

I may be crazy but am I doing something wrong? I see other Atahualpa users with actual non-grey colors and I wouldn't think there would be a color selector if you couldn't select an actual color. Please help. I am using Atahualpa 3.4.4.

Thanks!
Beth
Old Oct 24, 2009, 09:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is your url?
Old Oct 27, 2009, 01:42 PM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
recycleddog.org
Old Oct 27, 2009, 02:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Would you be willing to give me access to your backend? If so, create an id for me and send me a PM with the id and PW and I'll try to change the color

What version of WP and PHP?
What browser?
Old Oct 28, 2009, 08:57 AM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
PM sent. I'm using Wordpress 2.8.5. I've tried with Chrome and Safari no luck. Php is 5.x. Thank you!!!
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
worked for me, I changed your page menubar to red.

When you use the color picker, there is two parts, the left and the right. On the LEFT, you pick the color but then you need to rase teh slider on teh RIGHT side to increase the intensity - or skip the colr picker and just type in the hex RGB values
Old Oct 28, 2009, 11:30 AM
bplazar

39 posts · Oct 2009
Apparently you have the magic touch. Now I am able to select different colors too. I certainly wouldn't have posted if I would have been able to do that before!! Thanks for kicking it for me!

Beth