Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Error is causing white page

Old Mar 1, 2015, 05:00 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
I have just started getting a white page when trying to access the login.

checking the error log, I see this:

[01-Feb-2015 04:23:59 America/Denver] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function bfa_get_options() in /home1/gbwtwofo/public_html/executivepost2/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/index.php on line 2

Any idea what has happened and how to fix it?

Thanks, Graham
Old Mar 1, 2015, 05:20 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Is that date right?

Download a fresh copy of the theme to your over and unzip it.

Next use ftp or your cPanel's file manager and take a look at functions.php and its first few lines. Now compare it to the code you downloaded.

If they are different and there is what looks like garbage on the first few lines, your site has been hacked.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 05:35 AM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Thanks Juggledad.

Yes, that date is right. I spotted the problem the other week, but today is the first chance I've had to get to address it.

I've looked at functions.php and it all looks fine - there's nothing obviously wrong, at least.

I've only ever uploaded a theme from within WP. Where do I put the zip file (ie which subdir?) prior to unzipping it? Is there an unzip facility within cpanel?

Thanks
Graham
Old Mar 1, 2015, 09:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Does the site load the front end?
Did you make any changes, like add a new plugin?
What is the URL?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 01:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
look in the folder atahualpa/functions and see if there is a file 'bfa_get_options.php'
if not re install the theme
if yes, look at line 1 and 2 and they should be
HTML Code:
<?php if (!function_exists('bfa_get_options')) {
	function bfa_get_options() {
if not, what do you have there.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 04:34 PM
GrahamW

101 posts · Jul 2010
Hello Juggledad

Thanks for your help.

I installed the theme manually overlaying the existing files.

The site works fine - www.executive-post.info - but when I try to access the wp-admin page the window still clears to a blank page.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again, Graham
Old Mar 1, 2015, 04:49 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Is that error still showing up?
did you make any changes recently like add a new plugin or update any?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 09:16 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Try going to wp-login.php instead of www.executive-post.info/wp-admin or www.executive-post.info/admin instead. There is something blocking the use of wp-admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamW
Hello Juggledad

Thanks for your help.

I installed the theme manually overlaying the existing files.

The site works fine - www.executive-post.info - but when I try to access the wp-admin page the window still clears to a blank page.

Any other ideas?

Thanks again, Graham
Old Mar 18, 2015, 08:21 AM
jlanda

1 posts · Mar 2015
I just received this problem also on all 3 sites of mine running this theme. With some digging, I realized it was the theme bringing the site down. I went into my server, deleted the atahualpa folder from the Themes folder of the wp-content folder. Then I was able to log in and get into the dashboard where I installed atahualpa fresh. Site worked fine after that. I did not have to restore anything, but I was also running the latest version. I don't know what effect this might have on those who were running older versions.

The first site went down on sunday the 15th, the other two since then as I ran all updates on the other two after the first went down. Regardless, the sites went down anyway. Just letting you guys know so you can look into this further as it may be happening to others, and if it is happening to others, it's a relatively easy fix if you can get into the server file manager as my host allows. Could probably also do the same thing on in FTP.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 01:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
My suspicion is that you were hacked and should harden your site. With out access to a site with a problem like this to do forensic evaluation, there is no way to tell what got broken. it could be anything from you personal PC having been hacked so they got you passwords to your host's server being hacked to you having a plugin with a flaw..

I know of no vulnerabilities via the theme.

Last edited by lmilesw; Mar 18, 2015 at 01:48 PM.