Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Single post to a page

Old Feb 2, 2012, 02:49 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
I would like the single post to show on a page, is it possible?

Using Atauhalpa 3.7.3.

Thanks
Tixcoca
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:23 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you link to a post, it will open it on a 'single post' page automatically - this is a wordpress feature.
If you only want one post at a time on your blog page (also controled by wordpress) go to dashboard->settings->reading
Old Feb 2, 2012, 06:47 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for the reply but that did not work, i will be more specific.

I want the post to be displayed on the same page as the post links, but below them.

see the page and you hopefully understand.
http://elinstrandruin.se/wordpress/?page_id=27

Thanks
Tixcoca
Old Feb 2, 2012, 07:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Do you mean you want the time line to show on single post pages? Why not create a new widget area in teh header, stuff the time line code into it and then it wil show on all pages. If iy don't want it on all pages, you could use teh 'widget-logic' or 'dynamic widget' plugin to control the display
Old Feb 3, 2012, 01:53 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
I have tried that but the timeline plugin uses a short code for pages and it doesn't seem to be a way around it.

Is there a alternative?

TXC
Old Feb 3, 2012, 04:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Have. You asked the plugin author about it?
Old Feb 3, 2012, 04:46 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
I will, thanks for your time

TXC
Old Feb 4, 2012, 09:44 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Also there is this plugin which will allow you to put a shortcode in a text widget.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 04:32 AM
tixcoca

43 posts · Oct 2010
Thanks for the plugin tips, it works great!

TXC