Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Can I find my LOST post? And Slow/unreliable saving of posts/theme changes

Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:01 PM
outofdebtagain

8 posts · Sep 2009
Hi everyone and Happy New Year! I have lost a post (which took several hours to compile). I scheduled it to post at 11am this morning. I got up to proof it once more, only to find it has disappeared completely. It is not in drafts, it is not already posted.

Luckily I kept some of my notes, so I can recreate it but I had hoped there would be some way to access autosave or something!

The other problem I've been having is it has been taking up to one minute to save any changes I've made to the theme, and also posts are taking a long time to save. I had my son come take a look and he asked me what plug-ins I'd installed recently. I keep notes on what changes I make, and I thought the slow saving started around the time I installed the Smart YouTube plug-in. He suggested I deactivate it and test. I was able to save template changes and blog posts with no problem once deactivated. Then I reactivated Smart YouTube and everything is still saving quickly.

Could deactivating and reactivating a plug-in help to speed save times (would it be like rebooting a computer to get a fresh start)? I have not yet upgraded to Wordpress 2.9, am still at WP 2.8.6. using 21 widgets and 23 plug-ins.

Right now it seems like the problem is solved, but I am concerned that it will resurface and if I'll have another post go missing. Is there any way to find a post that has gone missing?

Thank you in advance,
Mrs. Accountability
www.outofdebtagain.com
P.S. I am totally in love with this theme. I have recently started using it at my new food blog and it is such fun customizing (same installation of WP, saving just fine)!!
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well unless you somehow deleted it, you should be able to find it in the database using phpMyAdmin and searching the wp_posts table. It will be one of the last in the table, by default, wordpress keeps all your saves so it might be there.
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:22 PM
outofdebtagain

8 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks Juggledad!! I will definitely keep that information for future reference.

Okay, you guys and gals, please don't think I'm a total idiot! I promise you I'm a geek!!!!! I just found my post!! It just occurred to me when I was sitting here, willing myself to start recreating the post again, that MAYBE, just MAYBE I might have forgotten to change to the new YEAR when I scheduled it?????

THAT'S exactly what I did!!! Whew!!!!!

Well, maybe my thread will help some other goofy folks who did the same thing.

Mrs. Accountability
http://www.outofdebtagain.com/2009/0...-truly-frugal/
Old Jan 1, 2010, 12:28 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I read a thread about how running a repair on the Db restored someone's posts. You might want to try WP-DBManager. It repairs, optimizes, and runs scheduled backups on your Db. It's one of my standard plugins.