Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

How to add info below header but above the post area

Old Nov 6, 2009, 04:55 PM
Reesy

2 posts · Nov 2009
Hi guys,

First, I am new to Wordpress & I love Atahualpa & am very grateful to you all.

Now here's my problem. On our homepage here www.dublinbees.org, I want some text below the image but above the area of the posts.

When I stick it in the centre column 'above the loop' it appears on every page which looks daft.

Now I stick it in the kicker, and it appears (as you can see if you visit our homepage) above every post which is yucky.

I bet there's a way to put this 'header' info in the centre column above the loop to appear on the homepage only. In my naivety I think it's something plenty people would want. Maybe it's there & I am being thick?

Unfortunately although I know a bit about HTML I know nothing of php...

Any ideas? Thanks for reading!
Old Nov 6, 2009, 07:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could just make it a sticky post
Old Nov 7, 2009, 02:08 AM
Reesy

2 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks Juggledad - however that's not at all the look that I want.

Ah well, I guess I'll have to compromise & maybe only ever have one post on the front page, deleting as I go.

Simon
Old Nov 7, 2009, 04:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
one other thing you could do is put it in the 'above the loop' but wrap it in a php if like this
HTML Code:
<?php if (is_front_page()) { ?> <div id=beemsg><h2>what's the buzz, honey?</h2><div> <?php } ?>
this will show it on all the front pages (ie if you only display 5 posts on your blog page, and it is the front page, when you get the second and subsequent set of 5 posts, this will still show up because you are still technically on the 'front page')

If you only want to show it on the First of the home pages, you could add an 'and not paged' condition so it would be
HTML Code:
<?php if (is_front_page() AND !is_paged()) { ?> <div id=beemsg><h2>what's the buzz, honey?</h2><div> <?php } ?>
Is this what your looking for?

p.s. how was your honey harvest this year? It was a tough year in my area, my sister and another friend have bees and June was so wet, they haven't gotten much honey at all.