Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Don't Display Sidebar Not Working - WooCommerce?

Old Jul 2, 2013, 03:19 PM
NightOwl

16 posts · Jun 2011
There is one particular page (http://www.squeegshotrodconnection.c...ne-separators/) within a site I'm nearing completion on for which I'd like to turn off the right sidebar. I've entered in the page ID (698) in the ATA Style & Configure Sidebar options but it still won't disappear. I have double checked I'm entering it in the correct option location too (ie not right inner). This is a page in the shopping area of WooCommerce so perhaps there is some incompatibility there? If I turn off the sidebar completely for the pages it will disappear, but I'd like the sidebar showing for all but this page that I need some more room for.

Any ideas or suggestions would be great.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 03:39 PM
NightOwl

16 posts · Jun 2011
I'm sure it's some sort of issue with WooCommerce as I do have it off for another page on the site (Classifieds page). I did search and saw some incompatibility issues with WooCommerce and the sidebars/footer but nothing I found seemed to be a similar issue.
Old Jul 2, 2013, 06:53 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you try a forum search?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 08:48 AM
NightOwl

16 posts · Jun 2011
Yes, as I said in the post above I did search but didn't find anything that seemed to match the issue I'm having. Maybe there's something there that I missed but I did search the forum. It really looks like some incompatibility issue with WooCommerce but I've been unable to find a work around & was hoping someone else had an idea.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Did you look at http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...1420#post91420
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:27 AM
NightOwl

16 posts · Jun 2011
Yes, I did look at that post already and tried the fix but it doesn't work unfortunately. I always search and try past solutions first and many times they work but not in this case.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 02:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
That is not a 'page' that you are viewing, it is a single 'post' page (different than a 'page' page)

The opeion works when you name 'page' pages, not 'post' pages. There is an option to turn it off for ALL 'post' pages, but not indivisual ones.

To do it for one page you would have to modify the theme code.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 04:20 AM
NightOwl

16 posts · Jun 2011
Thanks! That actually got me headed in the right direction and was able to edit the header.php and footer.php to turn off the sidebar for that specific single 'post' page. I appreciate the nudge on the right track.