Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How do I link to one specific area in a Table?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:09 AM
dazmeister

7 posts · Aug 2010
UK
How do I link to one specific area in a Table?

Good Morning all!

Spent a lot of time lately working with this theme and attempting to get to grips with html/css. It's been a steep learning curve, but where I could otherwise have probably used a plug-in, I prefer to persevere with css inserts where possible. It's the only way I am going to learn!

Anyhow, I am hoping that someone out there may have had some experience with creating a site with a sports theme? I am creating a website for a running/athletics club, and one of the main functions will be to publish race results and times. I have found "wp-table-reloaded" which makes it simple to import data, but what I am after is a secondary menu on my home page with "Latest Results" from various races throughout the week. This would incorporate several links (with dates as description underneath) to recent races. But what I am struggling with is how can I link these up to a main table?
My idea is that I create one post with ALL the tables from ALL races (past and present) but do not know how to separate or create a tag for each table to allow me to create a link to one specific race. Hope this makes sense?
Even if I separate tables out into race meetings and create a table for each e.g. Oklahoma Run, I am still left with dilemma how to link up to one specific race date from that race meeting.
Unless of course there is a simpler way of doing this? I do not want spoon fed, just some ideas would be nice on how I can get this moving forward as I am stuck at the moment.

Oh and one small thing...
I have amended the Blogroll to suit my needs as an additional Menu, as did not want a horizontal layout (Menu 2) and noticed in the edit screen there is a comment to say that link description will be shown if you hover, or if required you can have the description shown below. How do I show the description below link instead?

Forgot to add that I cannot provide a link to my site at the moment as still working offline using my NAS as a webserver. Not ready to publish up to the big bad web just yet! Using WP 3.01 and Atahualpa 3.53

Thanks in advance

Last edited by dazmeister; Aug 31, 2010 at 02:25 AM. Reason: cannot provide link to site