Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Where is 404.php?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 6, 2015, 12:37 PM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
[SOLVED] Where is 404.php?

Every page on my site uses a custom template that has the menu in the left sidebar. However, if a 404 error is encountered, the 404 page is displayed using template format that looks messy.
Referring to this post
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...found+template
I understand that I can just save my preferred layout as a '404.php" HOWEVER, I am afraid to do this without first looking at what is in the 404.php file and then saving it so that if I screw up, I can revert back to it. I realize a site backup solves the second part (the reverting back when I screw up) but I'd sure like to have a look at the working 404.php file so I know what needs to be in it...
Where the heck is the file?