Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

[SOLVED] "BFA Subscribe" Widget in Page Menu Bar (right side)

Old Dec 2, 2009, 12:49 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
I see the other threads regarding this but I'm not proficient with coding. I wasn't able to get it working... How can I get the "BFA Subscribe" Widget up in the page menu bar? (on the right side).

Or can I put the small rss buttons and text links from the logo in a side bar.

This is my site. animcareerpro.com/blog

I would like my "BFA Subscribe" to be in the same location as this site http://www.cooklocal.com.

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited by ChrisPanimation; Dec 2, 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2009, 06:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you need to add some CSS to ATO->add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts and play with the 'margin-top' to get it right for your site. Use
HTML Code:
div.rss-box {
margin-top:-35px;
}
Old Dec 2, 2009, 08:49 PM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Ok, I put that in but it's not showing up on the site. Do I need to remove the BFA subscribe widget from the right side bar? How does it know to go into the page menu bar?

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPanimation; Dec 2, 2009 at 08:52 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 02:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
This isn't using the widget, it's using the built in option. Go to ATO->RSS Settings and make sure the 'Show Post Feed icon?', 'Show Comment Feed icon?' and 'Show Feedburner Email icon?' are all set to 'YES'

Also make sure you have %logo in the ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure HEADER AREA right after %pages.

The RSS info normally falls in the logo area, but the css insert will change (using the negative top margin move them up) the location they are displayed on the page

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 3, 2009 at 02:57 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:37 AM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
Ok, it works! thanks! But now my blog title is in the logo area. I'd like to just lose it. Please go back to my site and see...

Seemingly obvious, the first thing I tried is Style & Edit HEADER AREA, and say "No" to "Show Blog Title?" and "Show Blog Tagline?" I even deleted all the styling for the title and tag line. But It's still there. The text is grey with red hover.

I've looked all through the ATO's, I can't see where I would fix that besides the area mentioned above. Do you know why this is happening?

Chris
Old Dec 3, 2009, 11:37 AM
ChrisPanimation

68 posts · Nov 2009
Mississauga, ON
I fixed it - just had to cleare the "Show Logo Image?" text field.

Thanks for your help,
Chris