Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Creating your own Wordpress themes

Old Mar 16, 2009, 02:30 AM
WPuser1001

12 posts · Mar 2009
Hi

Just a general question. Do you know if there's a good tutorial that I can learn how to design my own wordpress themes? If not, do I have to find someone and pay him to do it?

Thanks,

Andy
Old Mar 18, 2009, 01:38 AM
Glottis

23 posts · Dec 2008
Hi Andy,

I'd start by reading Theme Development in the Wordpress Codex. Others would be able to help you more I'm sure, since I'm no developer. But I suggest you help them help you by stating whether you know php/css/html etc. or not.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 03:45 AM
WPuser1001

12 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Glottis,

Thanks for that. To start off, I have little working knowledge on css/php/html.

But my angle is more about working on the "schematics" of things, if you know what I mean.

I don't want to spend a lot of time needing to upskill my programming skills to design, when my primarily objective to put some pretty graphics and media of my own on Wordpress to impress.

Hence my question.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 09:14 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
http://www.wpdesigner.com/2007/02/19...ss-themes-huh/

That site came to a halt after the owner ("Small Potato") sold it but his tutorial is still up and detailed.

See also http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

Most new WP developers start out by editing the "Default" theme that is included with Wordpress.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 08:28 PM
WPuser1001

12 posts · Mar 2009
Hmm. That sort of helps.

Though, I was rather hoping I would work on the graphics side of things when developing my own Wordpress themes.

In any rate, I'll give this one a go and we'll see how it goes.

Cheers.