Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widgets: Font Weight and Double Left Borders

Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:38 PM
maxhugen

17 posts · Feb 2009
Australia
Hi Flynn, have searched the forum but I'm unable to find an answer to these:

1. Unable to set Font Weight to Bold for Widgets.

ATO > Body > Link Text Bold = Bold
ATO > Style Widgets > Widget Container = font-weight: bold;
Widget Content Box = font-weight: bold;

I note that in Widget List Items, the Link Text Weight dropdown has nothing in it.

2. Double Left Borders on 2nd Level Widget List Items.

In the Left hand widget, I have pages listed. Some are Level 2. However, the Level 1 border appears as well as the level 2 border. Please see www.kathallan.com. Is there a way to show just the Level 2 border without the Level 1 border as well?

MTIA
Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:15 PM
maxhugen

17 posts · Feb 2009
Australia
Just realised that the font weight issue is only relevant to Firefox... it works in IE.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this
HTML Code:
.widget_pages li ul {display:none;}
Old Jul 7, 2010, 09:39 PM
maxhugen

17 posts · Feb 2009
Australia
G'day JD. I tried adding it to CSS Inserts, but it hasn't worked. Any other thoughts pls?
Old Jul 8, 2010, 04:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
did you change from using the 'Pages' widget to the 'my page order' widget? You need to look at teh source of the page and find the widget you are using to determine how you can structure the CSS Selector to apply the rule 'display:none;' to it.

With the 'pages' widget, I looked and saw the class 'widget_pages' which would identify (use a period to identify a 'class' and a pound sign to identify an ID) and since this is a unorder list, the submenues are just another unordered list so the selector is '.widget_pages li ul {....}'

Now you have to figure out what the selector should be for the new widget ou are using.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 07:10 PM
maxhugen

17 posts · Feb 2009
Australia
JD, you're right, I am using the 'My Page Order' widget. How/where should I look to find the right CSS selector pls?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 03:37 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Go to your site then view the page source. Look thru the source for the left sidebar and the widget and you should find it
Old Jul 14, 2010, 06:41 PM
maxhugen

17 posts · Feb 2009
Australia
Still no luck I'm afraid.

I tried adding (to CSS Inserts):

.widget_mypageorder li ul {display:0;}

But this made the Level 2 items disappear.

I'm trying to get the same effect as at www.billycartclassic.com.au which I also did using Atahualpa, although the widget there was Pages.
Old Jul 15, 2010, 04:44 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
This plugin uses different classes than the pages widget which is why the atahualpa options don't work with it. You could
1) edit the plugin so it used the same classes as the pages widget
2) copy the CSS atahualpa creates for the widgets and change it to reflect the classes/id's this plugin uses or
3) find another widget.