Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] How to Disable Admin Toolbar (top of site) for all Users Other than Admins &

Old Mar 1, 2013, 06:10 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
[SOLVED] How to Disable Admin Toolbar (top of site) for all Users Other than Admins &

Is there a simple way to disable the admin toolbar (at the top of the site) so that it will not be visible to any users other than Administrators and Editors?

I found this: http://digwp.com/2011/04/admin-bar-t...for-non-admins

But, where exactly in the functions.php file should you put their suggested code:

Code:
// show admin bar only for admins and editors
if (!current_user_can('edit_posts')) {
	add_filter('show_admin_bar', '__return_false');
}
I am using Wordpress 3.5.1 and Atahualpa 3.7.10.

Many thanks!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 06:58 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
a 2 second google search came up with this Hide Admin Bar 2013
Old Mar 1, 2013, 09:47 PM
New WordPress Fan

141 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you Juggledad.

I also found this one: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/profile-builder/ which gives options to select levels of users who can see the admin toolbar on the front of the site.

Also, FYI - I found that the above code did work inserted toward the beginning of the Functions.php file.

Many thanks.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 10:10 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
A way to add that code to the functions.php without editing the functions.php is to use the Code Snippets plugin. This way that edit won't get overwritten in a theme upgrade.