Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Placing a widget or a box under the logo image

Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mykhailo

29 posts · Dec 2010
London
Placing a widget or a box under the logo image

Hi, can anyone please advise the necessary steps to create a box or a widget area that could hold html or php code in it if possible and have that box or widget display just below the header image all the time no matter whether someone clicked on post or pages. Sort of as static box with information. Many Thanks
Old Feb 21, 2013, 12:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you try a forum search? this or something similar has been answered many times.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:41 PM
Mykhailo

29 posts · Dec 2010
London
Hi, I have tried Atahualpa Theme Options > “Post & Pages”> “Post Info Items”> “KICKER: "Page" Pages”

This way the add appears only on a front Page and not on Post pages.

Should I insert this code somewhere in index.php file?
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My_footer_widgets&cells=1'); ?>

Can not find in a forum, still searching.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 02:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could indeed add a new widget area in the Configure Header Area Box below everything else and then use a widget that will accept PHP code in that widget.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 04:41 AM
Mykhailo

29 posts · Dec 2010
London
Hi, thanks, I have incerted the widget code in the "Configure Header Area" as %logo %image <?php bfa_widget_area('name=My_central_widgets&cells=1') ; ?>

and it worked well. Now the only think I still can not find is created light color grey lines around Widget area.

I have attached the snapshot of the grey lines I was talking about

Last edited by Mykhailo; Feb 23, 2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?