Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Page menu bar woes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:44 AM
landisr

3 posts · Nov 2012
Corvallis, OR
Page menu bar woes

I'm new to the forum. My Page Menu Bar has been less than properly functional for a long time.

No matter how I do settings, there are no child pages appearing as submenus. The question you answer to set parent child stuff is internally contradictory, and neither answer is working.

Don't link first level parent items in Page Menu Bar?

Default: NoSet this to No to replace the link target of first level parent items with <a href="#"> This will basically unlink the first level menu items that have children. The submenus drop down when pointing the mouse at the link, but clicking the link doesn't do anything. This is for users that want to organize their pages in main pages and sub pages but don't have content on the main pages. "Yes" means "Yes, don't link".

I have version. 3.7.3 and WP version 3.4.2. My WP may be automatically updating, which you don't recommend. Could some long ago update of WP have broken my page menu bar?

Also wondering if it is merely poor design or a crippling issue that I have both a page menu bar plus two menus in my right widget. Juggledad asks other posters if they use WP menus OR Atahualpa menus. If I understand the question, I might be doing both. I don't really want to do both, but I can't give up the working navigation for the crippled navigation. I would like to ditch the one on the right for a working page menu bar.

It is really confusing because Ata theme options talks about menu 1 being page menu and menu 2 being category menu, yet somehow I have three flavors of page menu, if you count the page menu bar. Categories are not something I use or care about.

I run farmers' markets and foolishly thought I could manage Atahualpa without being a programmer. Should I update the theme? I'm already so frustrated by those manual update directions that I will have to have my host do it. And worried that if I spend money on that I'll still have the same menu snarl unresolved.