Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Formatting problem on post-title on multi-pages

Old Jul 26, 2010, 10:23 AM
The Foxy!

3 posts · Jul 2010
Driffield, East Yorks, UK
Hi,
I have been desperately trying to correct a recurring proble with the post title. I have made adjustments to the Configure SEO settings and tried all the fixes for similar problems in the forum but just not getting anywhere.
I am a newbie and need some help with this.
I have colour highlighted keywords in the post-titles using <span></span> statements and these show up fine in the single page and before loop and after loop positions as indicated in Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenCap2-MarkedUp.jpg
Views:	1481
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	636

The problem is on the multi-page (category ( and presumably archives) listings), I am getting a copy 'remnant' of the post-title (albeit stripped of colour) before The post-title is displayed.
as shown in
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenCap1-MarkedUp.jpg
Views:	1476
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	637

I have also tried the %post-title-encoded% entry on Style Posts & Pages menu to no effect.

I modified another title with html codes for Bold and Italics as can be seen, but this is displaying fine in both single and multi page views and on the before and after loops.

I have had a look at the bfa_post_parts.php functions but don't know where to start modifying this.

Incidentally, I am using WP 2.9.2 and atahualpa 3.4.9.

My web URL is www.whoisthefoxhatguy.com. The site isn't fully up just yet, but I was hoping to release it later this week.

Please help.

Regards,

The Foxy!
Old Jul 26, 2010, 07:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I saw that problem a short while ago and I think it had to do with a plugin conflict and the plugin people were aware of the bug. If you list the plugins you have installed I think I can tell you which one it is.

Addendum: I did a search and the problem was an issue with the Search Everything plugin. If you turn highlighting off in the plugin settings the problem goes away.

Last edited by lmilesw; Jul 26, 2010 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Found reference
Old Jul 27, 2010, 03:39 AM
The Foxy!

3 posts · Jul 2010
Hi,
I've had a look, but I don't have that plug-in installed.
I have de-activated pretty much everything except that needed to keep everything functional but no joy!

The plugins I have are, AD SQUARES WIDGET, AKISMET, AUDIO PLAYER, POST VIDEOES AND GALLERIES, SHARE THIS, SMART ADS, SMART YOUTUBE, SOCIABLE, WORDPRESS HIT COUNTER and WP GREETBOX.

I have checked they are all latest versions.

There were a few others but I have de-activated them all for the moment until I resolve this problem, then I will test each one as I introduce it in future.

The Foxy!
Old Jul 27, 2010, 04:49 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks like you got it running, what did you do?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:40 AM
The Foxy!

3 posts · Jul 2010
I've just checked site on Firefox, Chrome and IE and they are all still showing the problem on multi-page views.
There are some entries that have no highlight and these are fine.
Problem only arises in Post-titles with highlighted colour text.
I have also checked the site from another PC to check it's not being caused locally.