Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Atahualpa 3.7.3 and Sociable 3.5.2

Old Jan 1, 2012, 02:29 PM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
I'm preparing a full upgrade of my site. Of course I'm testing all of this on my local harddrive with Xampp.

The upgrade to WP3.3 went OK, my update from Atahualpa 3.6.4 to 3.7.3 went pretty well except for one thing.

My Sociable-icons on pages show up nicely, but the sociable-icons in the post-footer is replaced by this error-message:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function do_sociable() in C:\xampp\htdocs\wordpress\wp-content\themes\atahualpa\functions\bfa_postinfo.ph p on line 465

The right sidebar also has a problem when browsing through posts, it does not show up at all. Browsing through pages brings back the sidebar...

So I tried a suggestion I read on this forum. Modifying bfa_postinfo.php however did nothing.

An update of the Sociable-plugin does not work for me as it does not offer the icons I need. What else can I try?
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-127001-20120101.txt (20.0 KB, 1897 views)

Last edited by Zenman; Jan 1, 2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old Jan 1, 2012, 02:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
did you try upgrading the sociable plugin?
Old Jan 1, 2012, 03:02 PM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Yes, I did. The plugin is a bit different and does not provide all the icons I need. Also it does not work within the footer of posts. The error is gone, but the selected icons do not show up. It shows five squares and when I hover over them, the tiptool shows the titles of my old five icons (including Hyves and Print which are gone in the new version of Sociable). The hyperlinks added to the squares are incorrect too.

Old Jan 2, 2012, 07:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Here try this - it is untested but is intended to work with either version of the sociable plugin

bfa_postinfo.zip
Old Jan 2, 2012, 08:22 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Thanks! This one works great with my older version of Sociable (3.5.2).

When updating to Sociable version 4.x I still can't get the icons to show up in the footer of my posts. The icons do show up on pages.

For now, I'm happy.

Last edited by Zenman; Jan 2, 2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 04:19 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Whoops! Went live today (WP 3.3.1) and my last action was updating to Atahualpa 373.

After the update I got the (known) error-message in the postfooter, so I placed the bfa_postinfo.php you provided me with.

Something is very wrong now. My site totally went down because of an error in bfa_postinfo.php on line 475.

I think there are two "(" signs that are not closed by a ")".

As a quick solution I uploaded the 364 version of bfa_postinfo.php. My site went up again with a proper post-footer, but now my breadcrumsNavXT (v4.01) doesn't show up anymore...

Line 475 is the second if-statement in the code below. It starts with two "("-signs. The elseif-statement a few lines further also starts with two "("-signs...
Another thing that might be incorrect is the ":"-sign after "do_sociable()". Should this not be an ";"-sign?

Wrong? code:
PHP Code:
    // For the "Sociable" plugin

if ( strpos($postinfo_string,'%sociable%') !== FALSE ) {

ob_start(); 
            if ( (
function_exists('sociable_html2') AND function_existsdo_sociable() ) ) {

do_sociable():

$sociable ob_get_contents();
            } elseif ( (
function_exists('sociable_html2') AND function_exists('sociable_html') ) {

$sociable sociable_html2();
            } else {

$sociable "";
            }

ob_end_clean();

$postinfo str_replace("%sociable%"$sociable$postinfo);
    } 

Last edited by Zenman; Jan 4, 2012 at 04:58 AM.
Old Jan 4, 2012, 05:29 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
let me take a look
Old Jan 4, 2012, 05:37 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Figured out the breadcrumb-thing. Had to edit index.php. I placed this:

HTML Code:
	<div class="breadcrumbs">
		<?php if(function_exists('bcn_display'))
		{
			bcn_display();
		}?>
	</div>
In between these two lines:

PHP Code:
    <?php bfa_next_previous_page_links('Top'); // For MULTI post pages if activated at ATO -> Next/Previous Navigation:  ?>

<?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); $bfa_ata['postcount']++; ?>
I hope you can solve my footer-problem...
Old Jan 4, 2012, 05:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
this version will work with both versions of sociable
bfa_postinfo.php.zip
Old Jan 4, 2012, 06:09 AM
Zenman

24 posts · Feb 2011
Yeah! Now it works!

Thanks again.